Friday, January 31, 2014

Catching Up

Having spent the past five weeks being ill, I've neglected blogging and most everything else. No one wants to read too much detail about someone else's body's issues.

So, just this much info: the bug that went to my lungs is long gone. The asthmatic bronchitis it set off has been the ongoing struggle.

I am now much better. Not all the way back, but at least functioning again.

  • I got all the Christmas decorations and the Christmas tree put away this week. I just did not have the energy before (and even a little moving around started the coughing).
  • I went to Tuesday morning Bible Study last week (it was cancelled this week due to weather/ice issues).
  • I taught my Sunday School class Sunday. It did pretty much use me up, so I had to go home instead of staying for church, but it was a big deal to me.
  • I went to the grocery store with Anne Marie yesterday and did my own shopping for the first time in a month. Now, grocery shopping is usually a chore, not a thrill, but it felt good to get out and do it!
One of the results of not being well for so long is a general withdrawal from the world. I would even let several days go by without reading the blogs I follow or checking out what's new on Facebook. This morning I enjoyed catching up on the blogs.

It will take a while, doing a bit at a time, but I will be catching up on a lot of neglected things!

2 comments:

  1. I would love to be a cave man. You can be a cave man and still keep up on the internet. You can withdraw from the world and not withdraw from the world. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You, perhaps, inherited just a little too much of your mother's introverted nature. Sorry about that! I do enjoy plenty of alone time, but after a time it begins to have negative effects.

      Delete