Monday, December 17, 2012

Grateful

I am grateful today. My daughter, Anne Marie, had gall bladder surgery this morning. She is home and doing well. I am still amazed that a gall bladder can be removed and within two hours the patient is sent home! When I was young gall bladder removal would have involved a huge incision and a 10-day stay in the hospital. I am so glad for the improvements in surgical techniques that cause so much less damage to the body and make healing happen so much faster. It is still a big deal, but much easier on the patient than in the past.


1 comment:

  1. Yep, the troublemaker-AKA-gallbladder, has hit the road. I'm looking forward to missing out on all of the pain and just plain feeling yucky it was causing! Now to rest and heal while I begin to enjoy its absence!

    ReplyDelete