Monday, June 4, 2012

An Unsettled Mind

Yesterday and today I have thought about various topics for the blog. My mind has skittered from one thing to another. Here's just a sample of places my mind has gone:
Communion in church led to thinking about crucifixion which led to thoughts of why societies throughout history have chosen the most painful, gruesome methods imaginable for the execution of criminals or dissidents.
The miracle of the cottonwood seed.
The difference between personality and character.
A TV show I watched last night and the books it is based on.
Our North Carolina Sheriff ancestor.
In the end I just couldn't pull it together for any of these subjects. I may come back to some on other days. For today, I'm just going to share a favorite photo that is on my mind because I've been sorting through old photos trying to get them organized chronologically.

Red McLaughlin, home from the army January 1946, and his three daughters: Terry, Michelle,
and Grace. We were so happy to have him home after his stint in the Philippines at the end of WWII.

 
 


 



1 comment:

  1. I love that photo!

    I'd enjoy reading a post about the difference between personality and character. Sometimes I just start posts with ideas like that and leave them in draft form until I am more inspired.

    ReplyDelete