Wednesday, June 6, 2012

My Son, the Fisherman

My son lives in Rhode Island, which is about as far as you can get from his former home in Wyoming without falling into the ocean. And, now, sometimes he is on the ocean. He and his wife recently acquired kayaks to go out on the bay and fish.

Jeremy has always been an avid fisherman, but for a number of years did not have much opportunity to fish where he lives now. So it is good to see him able to once again enjoy fishing. It's just a different kind of fishing than he did in Colorado, Wyoming, and South Dakota.

Jeremy's wife, Ruth, took this photo. I hope she doesn't mind my sharing it. Jeremy is working with his bait, an eel. I guess no one caught any fish that day, but so much of the fun in fishing is just in the getting out and doing it.

(I love the shoreline view that forms the background of the photo.)


1 comment: