Thursday, September 12, 2013

Aaaah, Sleep!

I have had sleep problems for a long time now. It had reached the point where I dreaded going to bed, knowing that I would be facing a night of broken sleep, getting up several times, being unable to go back to sleep, sometimes just getting up and wandering around the house, going on the computer, watching TV, or reading, but NOT sleeping.

Then I was becoming more and more of a zombie during the day. Very few people function well on three to five hours of sleep on a consistent basis.

I realized I was also operating in a low level of depression that was not getting better.

I finally talked to my doctor about this. She prescribed a small dose of antidepressant.

Since I started on this medication I have been sleeping seven to nine hours each night!

It is such a relief!

1 comment: