Tuesday, February 3, 2015

In Memory, Gladys Norris Mackey

Yesterday's mail brought a packet from Pam Mackey, a cousin of some degree (I think her father was my mother's first cousin. If someone knows for sure, let me know.). She included a copy of her mother's obituary, a favorite recipe of her mother's, a picture of the Joel E. Mackey family, and a photo taken during a visit to Gillette in the 1990s.
Joe Mackey, Rose Mackey McLaughlin, Fred Bard, Elsie Mackey Bard, Gladys Mackey,
 Bess Mackey Sauble, Mary Mackey, Leonard Sauble
It is always saddens me to learn that another of the generation above mine in the extended Mackey family has died, although I think that for Gladys this was probably in the nature of a blessed release. The obituary tells that she spent her last three years in an Alzheimers care facility.

I did not know Gladys well, but met her a few times when she visited her cousins-by-marriage in Wyoming. I remember her as a lovely, lively, happy and friendly lady.

Pam had my address from when I sent out the information about Rose McLaughlin's death (my mother) to the people in her address book. For the family who knew Gladys and had not heard of her passing, I will include the obituary.

No comments:

Post a Comment